Margin Call 2011 Scripts【利益风暴】中英对照剧本 由 www. en580.
com『英语我帮您』网站编辑整理
320--Going to get a second opinion on your work Peter. 我们去看看别人对你所做的工作有什么意见。
321--So Sam what do you have for us? 山姆你有什么要给我们看的?
322--Well... they'll be here in a minute. Finding someone 等会儿就来,这个点儿
323--in the copy room at this hour was a little bit of a challenge. 找人在影印室干活还真是不容易。
324--Okay, let's go right into introduction. 好吧我们直接开始介绍。
325--This is Sarah Robertson who you know, chief risk assessment officer. . 这是莎拉·罗伯特森,首席风
险评估分析师。
326--Ramesh Shah from upstairs and David Horn one of the firm's in house council. 拉米什·沙,楼上办
公室的,大卫公司的内部咨询师。
327--Nice to meet you all. This is my head of trading, Will Emerson. 很高兴见面,这是我的交易负责
人,威尔·艾默生。
328--Peter Sullivan, and Seth Bregman. They work in our risk department. 皮特·沙利文和塞斯·布雷
格曼,都是风险部的。
329--Where is Eric Dale? 埃里克·戴尔呢?
330--He was let go today. 他在今天被解雇了。
331--Who's left in your risk department? 那你们风险部还剩下谁?
332--As of today that would be Peter 今天就只有皮特
333--and our junior analyst Seth. 和初级分析师塞斯。
334--Will Emerson? Yes. Please just hand it out. 威尔·艾默生?- 我的。发给大家吧。
335--Apparently Eric had been working on this for some time 显然埃里克已经分析了一段时间了,
336--but wasn't able to finish it,但是没能完成。
337--This morning, as he left the building;今天早上他离开公司的时候
338--He handed the program to Peter here, and asked him to take a look at it. 他把这件事交给皮特让他
看看。
339--Peter did. 皮特就看了。
340--He put in a few things out that Eric seemed to be missing. . 他把埃里克忽略的几件事做完了。
341--and this is what came out. 你们手里的就是结论。
342--Peter, Is this your work? 皮特这是你做的?
343--Mostly [Link]'s... 大部分是戴尔先生的工作……
344--But is this your draft? 但是这是你的手稿?
345--Yes. 对。
346--Again, expanded on original work of Eric's. But yes. 是在戴尔的计算基础上展开的,不过是我做
的。
347--- What is your background? My background? - 你是什么背景?- 我的背景?
348--Your CV. 你的简历。
349--I've been with the firm for 2 and half years working with Eric that whole time... 我在公司一直和埃
里克一起工作,已经两年半了…
350--But I hold a doctorate in engineering, speciality 但是我还有麻省理工的工程师
351--in propulsion, from MIT, with a Bachelors from Penn. 和推动力学专业的博士学位。
352--What's a specialty in propulsion, exactly? 推动力学专业是什么?
353--My thesis was a study in the way that friction ratios 我的论文是关于固定配比
354--effect steering outcomes in aeronautical use under reduced gravity loads. 现有数据对重力流失方面
的研究。
355---So, you are a rocket scientist? I was. - 所以你是个火箭科学家?- 曾经是。
356--Interesting. How did you end up here? 有意思,那你怎么又来了这?
9 / 31
Margin Call 2011 Scripts【利益风暴】中英对照剧本 由 www. en580. com『英语我帮您』网站编辑整理
357--Well it's all just numbers really, you're just changing 反正都是数字么,只是改变一下
358--what you're adding up... and if I may speak freely;计算的方式… 而且坦白地说,
359--the money here is, considerably more attractive. 这里的收入相对更吸引我。
360--What time is it? 现在几点了?
361--It's 2:15. - Fuck me, fuck me... 2:15。 - 操蛋, 真操蛋
362--And I'm guessing, by the fact that you two 我想你们两位还没
363--haven't said anything that the math checks out? 提到有任何计算复核过?
364--Look, we'd need some time to go over this,我们需要时间分析下这个,
365--but [Link] here seems to know what he's doing. 但沙利文看上去很有把握。
366--So, it would appear we have a problem. 所以看来我们的确有麻烦了。
367--- What time is it? 2:16. - 几点了? 2:16。
368--Fuck me. 完蛋。
369--Fuck me. 糟糕。
370--Sam. . 山姆…
371--How long under normal operations,把这事儿从我们的帐目上摆平,
372--would it take your people to clear that from our books? 你的人一般需要多长时间?
373--What? 什么?
374--- All of it? Yes. - 所有的?- 没错。
375--I don't know, weeks. 我不知道,几周吧。
376--- Weeks? Yeah, weeks. - 几周?- 没错,几周。
377--But as you certainly know our business is selling AND buying. 但你很清楚我们的生意是要买和卖。
378--Doesn't work for very long without both components. 没有任何一方都做不成。
379--We suddenly stops buying for a day or two;如果我们现在停止买入一两天,
380--that's not something you can ust doesn't hide under the rug, it gets out 这可不是什么能藏得住的
事,
381--and when it does... this whole thing 一旦传出去… 很快
382--comes to a end... and right quick. 我们就玩儿完了。
383--- I understand. Do you? - 我明白了。- 真的?
384--Yes. 真的。
385--How many traders do we have left between your floor and Petersen's? 你们的楼层上还剩下多少交
易员?
386--I don't know, what? Sixty? sixty. 我不知道,应该是…60 个? 对,60 个。
387--Jared as I looke at this more closely,我们再仔细看看这个,
388--it's these VAR numbers that are really setting this thing off. 毕竟这是用估计亏损风险数值算出来
的。
389--As I was saying. . just speaking completely off the record. 就像我刚才说的,直说的话,
390--It's only a matter of time before someone else startsputting these in. 用不了多久就会有人发现我们
的这些问题。
391--and they come up with exactly the same results. 他们也会算出同样的结果。
392--And look at exactly what we're looking at right now;就是我们现在看的这份。
393--If they haven't already. 假设他们还没看过。
394--Understood. 明白。
395--And Sarah, what value would you allow to be placed on those assets 萨拉,允许放在账面上的资产
价值是多少?
396--that might be left on the books, if they had to? 如果必须放的话?
10 / 31